Bermuda Onion Soup Recipe (Video)
5-8 small Bermuda onions. ( regular yellow or white are fine if you are unable to source them)
6 cups of beef or chicken stock
3 tablespoons of butter
Swiss or mozzarella cheese to top
1. Melt butter in a large pot
2. Add sliced onions and saute until golden brown.
3. Slowly add stock and let mixture simmer for about 30 minutes
4. Ladle soup into oven safe soup bowl and top with buttered slices of bread and Swiss or mozzarella cheese.
5. Broil for about 2-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.