Bermunchies: Sweet Potato Cakes
After a short hiatus we are back with a #MeatlessMonday recipe submitted by our friends over at @freshnutz on IG. Try out this delicious take on a regular potato pancake and make sure you follow them for more healthy tips and recipes!
Sweet Potato Carrot Cakes
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and shredded
- 4 teaspoons coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- dash of nutmeg
- coconut oil for cooking
- In a large mixing bowl add coconut flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt and whisk to combine. Add shredded sweet potato and carrots and toss to evenly coat with coconut flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together. Add to sweet potato and carrots and mix to evenly incorporate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add coconut oil, just enough to slightly cover the bottom of skillet. Spoon the mixture into cakes that are about 4 to 6 diameters and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Only flip once like you would a pancake.
- Makes about 6 to 8 cakes, depends on the size you make them.
- Serve on its own or as we like it; in a lettuce wrap topped with onion, tomato and avocado!