Hot Cross Bun Bread Pudding
Hey #foodiefriends! We hope you all had a great holiday full of tasty fishcakes and hot cross buns. We ended up having some left over and thought it would be a good idea to remake them into a new dish. So after a little thought we created the Hot Cross Bun Bread Pudding with a Gosling's Gold Seal Rum Glaze. If you missed it on our snapchat here is the recipe! It turned out delicious!
HOT CROSS BUN BREAD PUDDING
5-6 hot cross buns cut into pieces
2 ½ cups of milk
3 tablespoons of Gold Rum
½ cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon of cold water
1. Cut HCB into one inch pieces and place into a large bowl
2. In separate bowl mix eggs and milk and 2 tablespoons of rum until blended
3. Butter your baking dish and layer HCB pieces with the egg mixture ensuring all pieces are coated. Do this until all the bread is gone.
4. Let the mixture sit for about 5 mins to let flavors do its thing
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35-40 mins or until top is golden and egg mixture is no longer runny
6. Let the bread pudding cool while you make the glaze. Mix icing sugar with water and remaining rum. Mixture should be slightly runny
7. Pour the glaze on top and let soak in. Best served warm!