22 Feb Malasadas (Portuguese Donuts) Recipe
This recipe has been requested time and time again. It is a traditional Portuguese treat that many Bermudians have come to love. Make these at home and let us know how they turned out!
Malasadas (Portuguese Donuts)
1 ¼ pkg yeast
1/3 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 1/3 cup milk
1 1/3 cup water
2 lbs flour
1/3 cup melted butter
1/3 cup sugar
8 eggs, slightly beaten
Sugar to coat
2. Measure flour, sugar and salt into large bowl.
3. Mix cream and water together and add to dry ingredients. Then ass melted butter and beaten eggs
4. Add the dissolved yeast mixture and stir well to form soft dough.
5. Cover and put in a warm place and let double in size for about 2 hrs
7. Remove and drain excess oil. Coat with sugar